By Mark Macias
How do you measure the performance of an effective PR firm? It’s a question I hear a lot from potential clients. There are several traditional ways to evaluate the performance of your PR agency, and you can read more on that with this blog on How to Measure the ROI of PR. If you’re short on time, the CliffsNotes are below:
- Number of Media Placements
- Demographics and Reader base for those Media Outlets
- Increased Credibility, which Helps Close Sales;
- Actual Sales, which can be measured through links published in news stories or through Analytics.
- Improved SEO – since search engines use news stories and blogger stories to measure the value of a website.
But there is another way to measure the ROI of PR that is frequently overlooked. It’s more difficult to quantify than any Google Analytics Report but according to researchers out of Motista – a consumer intelligence analytics firm – it’s actually more persuasive and leads to higher revenue for brands. This is where the art of PR contrasts with the science of data.