A health care services consulting firm approached MACIAS PR a few months after they launched their startup. The founder wanted help elevating her brand and introducing her services to social workers and new clients.
Our team developed and executed this publicity campaign from conception to execution. We identified story angles of interest; positioned the CEO as as a leading health care expert; coordinated interviews; prepped the founder for all media interviews; and identified reporter and media outlets of interest.
Goal: To increase brand awareness and generate revenue around the company’s health care services.
Challenges: The health care startup was only a few months old with a founder who was extremely busy building a company. The CEO had no experience dealing with the media, coming from the health care sector.
Strategy: Position the CEO with the media as the health care expert on everything related to Medicaid and Medicare.
- Identify solid news angles that resulted in coverage.
- Position CEO as strategic thought leader in health care.
- Identify key media contacts at relevant publications.
- Pitch stories that were timely, newsworthy, and of interest to the targeted audience.
- Follow up with reporters, answer their questions, and continue to push relevant new topics for coverage.
- Track coverage and measure results
This PR campaign resulted in local and national media coverage, including stories with The New York Times, US News & World Report, Forbes, New York Post, CBS 2 and PIX 11 TV in New York. This coverage helped generate growth and services expansion within the first 6 months of working together.
A few months into the campaign, MACIAS PR created a mobile app for the company – The Medicaid app. This new digital tool created a new pipeline for potential clients. MACIAS PR conceptualized the mobile app and created the content that helped families and patients navigate through the complicated government services.
The Medicaid App also enabled us to position the health care services as a tech player, which generated additional media exposure.
- Securing stories in the media is an effective way to increase brand awareness and generate positive buzz around a product or service.
- To be successful, PR campaigns should be well-planned and executed, with a focus on targeting the right media outlets and pitching stories that are timely, newsworthy, and of interest to the target audience.
- Following up with media contacts and tracking coverage is essential to ensure that a PR campaign is successful.
You can see more of the media coverage below. Click here if you’d like to get a PR estimate, or contact us to schedule a call.