Many potential clients assume MACIAS PR only works with large health care brands. Yes, we have run media and branding campaigns for large tech and health care companies, but we’ve also launched publicity campaigns for boot-strapped startups.
Find Your Trainer is a mobile app that matches consumers with physical trainers. The boot-strapped startup was only 5-months old when MACIAS PR launched their publicity campaign.
Goal: To increase app downloads and bookings for their physical trainers during the holiday shopping season. We positioned Find Your Trainer as a unique start-up that was reinventing the fitness industry – just as Uber and Seamless had reinvented their industries.
Challenges: Find Your Trainer had no media coverage or messaging in place when MACIAS PR took over their publicity campaign. Our team had to identify editorial angles to pitch to the media with little help from the founder. In addition, the mobile app was only in NYC, limiting our media exposure to primarily one media market. MACIAS PR had less than a month to identify the message and get the timely story out to consumers.
Strategy: Position the mobile app as a great gift idea for couples. Messaging: Here’s a gift to help your out-of-shape partner lose weight. We also highlighted how this mobile app enabled consumers to try out the best gyms without pricy membership plans. The founder also gave fitness advice to targeted health sites.
Results: This publicity campaign succeeded with local and national media, securing media coverage with targeted TV, newspapers, magazines and influential lifestyle websites. The founder of Find Your Trainer told a reporter in January that he saw a 400-percent increase in sign-ups from December to January, largely based on our organic media coverage.
Key Highlights of Branding Campaign
- We secured a 3-minute TV segment with PIX 11 – one of the top local morning shows in New York City. The founder explained on TV how this gift can help your partner lose weight without any insults.
- Urban Daddy – a popular publication targeting consumers – wrote a profile on the app, calling it the Open Table of personal training. The publication also highlighted how consumers can try different gyms without the expensive membership costs.
- Well + Good reaches a coveted demo of female Millennials and Gen Z. The magazine wrote a profile on how Find Your Trainer was simplifying the personal trainer process.
- Metro New York, one of the free daily newspapers in New York City, published a story on how Find Your Trainer can help partners get their loved ones in shape.
- Self Magazine repurposed the story from Well + Good, writing “If you’re in the market for a personal trainer (New Year, New You, right?) keep an eye on Find Your Trainer (FYT), an up-and-coming site that helps match you up with your dream trainer — from CrossFit to yoga. [Well + Good NYC]” The publication reaches 8.5 million unique visitors every month.
- Inside Hook published a feature around Find Your Trainer and how it is reinventing the way consumers hire and find fitness trainers.
ABOUT MACIAS PR
Marketing peers named MACIAS PR the 2017-2020 Strategic PR Firm of the Year. In 2015, 2016 and 2017, Finance Monthly named MACIAS PR the Financial PR Firm of the Year. The founder – Mark Macias – is a former Executive Producer with NBC and Senior Producer with CBS in New York. City & State Magazine named him a PR Political Power Player in New York.